Everyone is a sucker for delicious food, especially when pangs of hunger bite. A plate of healthy meals is all your body needs. More and more people are becoming aware of unhealthy lifestyle risks regarding diet. Disease like diabetes, heart disease and obesity is some of the common ailments caused by poor lifestyle.
A healthy diet meal that fits your life choices and is easy to make is all you need. This is where a power bowl meal comes in place. Healthy power bowl nutrition comprises an entire essential nutrient to keep you healthy. Health nutritionists recommend it for its health benefits compared to other diets.
What is a power bowl meal?
When you eat, you do not want a dull plate in front of you. You want colour, texture and even flavours. Whether a protein is plant-based or entirely plant-based, it should be healthy. You probably have never heard of this vocabulary; well, a power bowl meal is an all-in-one meal containing abundant nutrients with the primary essential ingredients.
- Carbohydrates /base. Comprises of grains, tubers such as yams, potatoes and cassavas. Wheat products like noodles. Greens and veggies.
- Protein. Consists of vegans, vegetables like peas, beans and lentils. Seafood and dairy products.
- Vegetable. Cooked, row or a combination of both is also a great choice. Remember, the more colourful it is, the more delicious it will be.
- Dressing. A good power bowl dressing has a topping. Sauce, avocado or lime can never go wrong.
- Crunchy topping. Nuts, seeds or roasted chickpeas give a meal a crunchy feel. This is optional but still has nutritional benefits.
Is a healthy Choice power bowl healthy?
Nutrition is vital to keeping in shape and healthy. Adequate and proper nutrition keeps your brain and organs healthy, allowing you to carry on your activity. Vegetables are natural antioxidants that keep the blood clean and detoxified. A simple bowl meal can be homemade with fresh and healthy food. Reducing the amount of sugar, sodium, and fats will make your diet healthier. A healthy diet keeps terminal illnesses such as cancer and hypertension at bay.
Is a healthy choice of power bowls nutritious?
Power meals are compacted with three significant ingredients, which are super important for your health. It comprises Carbs, proteins and vitamins.
Is healthy choice power bowl gluten-free?
Not all healthy choice bowls are gluten-free. Gluten is a structural protein found in cereals such as wheat and grains. It is naturally in these plants but can be extracted and added to other food products to add texture or flavour. It can also be used as a binding agent to hold processed food together. However, there are people who experience allergic reactions to it, and that’s why there has to be a gluten-free option for them. Healthy choice grain-free bowls are packed with ingredients to fit a low-carb diet.
The Conagra Brands in Chicago has drought grain-free protein, including Chicken marinara, Basil pesto chicken, Spicy beef teriyaki and spicy black bean.
Categories of power bowl and their components
There are three main categories of power bowl meals.
Protein is a power bowl.
The protein power bowl consists of two main diets: a plant-based diet and a protein added diet.
A plant-based bowed diet can include;
- Canned beans; black beans, easy white beans, chickpeas and all other varieties of beans
- Lentils; seasoned black lentils, easy French lentils, seasoned brown lentils.
- Nuts and seeds; cashew nuts, avocados, walnuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds and squash.
- Whole grains; Oats, wheat and rice.
However, if you choose to include protein in your bowl diet, minimize the amount in any meal because too much is never healthy.
Protein-based bowl diet;
- Poultry; chicken, duck and turkey. Eggs are also a good choice.
- Dairy products; Milk yoghurt and cheese.
- Red meat; pork, beef and mutton.
- Seafood; salmon, tuna, shrimp, oysters.
Veggies in the power bowl
When you think about vegetables, flavours, colour, and textures come to your mind. A combination of both roasted and fresh vegetables is what we are talking about. Now think of all the edible fruits and vegetables that exist and make a meal, including all protein-rich vegetables; the list is endless.
- Citrus, lemons and oranges.
- Fruits; mangoes, pineapples, kiwi, dragon fruit, banana, melon, carrots, grapes, and avocados.
- Greens; spinach Brussels, silver beat, broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, cauliflower.
- Marrow; cucumber, zucchini, pumpkin, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers
- Alliums; onion, garlic and shallot.
- Roots; Potatoes, yams and cassava.
Grains in the power bowl
There are a variety of grains to choose from, depending o your choice.
- Cereal grain; oat, wheat, rice, corn, sorghum, barley, millet.
- Pseudo cereal grain; Buckwheat, quinoa and amaranth.
Benefits of the power bowl diet
- Slows the effect of edging. A healthy diet will protect your skin and strengthen your bone. They also are full of antioxidants which heal the body.
- Improves mental wellness. A healthy meal keeps the mind and body woke. Your brains need the energy to carry out usually, and so as all other nutrients.
- Boost your immune system. We rely on immunity to help our bodies fight diseases. The power bowl diet has all nutrients, and this strengthens the immunity. Strong immunity protects the body against pathogen causing diseases. Potent viruses such as flue, fungi and bacteria can be life-threatening, especially in infants.
- Weight management. Weight is another crucial move if you need to keep fit. Apart from exercise, it would be best to have a strict healthy diet to maintain a healthy fit posture. Relying on junky fast food can put you on the verge of developing obesity, which can be life-threatening after a while.
This kind of dieting has no age limit. Children should be introduced to this kind of diet to assist them in adopting a healthy lifestyle. Keeping up with this lifestyle is not easy, mainly if you are used to rushing downtown for delicious chicken wings and burgers. You will feel like giving up at some point but do not quit. You are the guard of your own life, and a healthy life choice starts with you.